Friday 30 March 2012

I'm smitten: Cavalli's lush peacocks

Roberto Cavalli showed a couple of different colour pairings for MFW AW12 - gold/brown and grey/maroon among them.  But my favorite looks were in this black/turquoise palette... 

marie claire.uk
The girls remind me of little peacocks, or possibly mermaids.   The iridescence and the large paillettes both evoke the feel of exotic avian plumage, or maybe even fish scales.

vogue.fr
Agencies

I'm loving the long leather gloves, especially in jewel tones.  They look fresh again paired with the little babydoll dresses.
Agencies

This is such pretty burn-out turquoise velvet, but I'm also knocked out by the beautiful eye makeup - smoky and sparkly at the same time.  Since I have similar colouring, I might try it.
vogue.fr




Here's another look at it... this multihued look is a more wearable smoky eye for fair skin tones.
Agencies




Comfort luxe: I dig the rockstar slits at the knee...
marie claire.uk

There were some pretty fierce croc leather pieces too, and I'm loving the sharp shoulders on all of the jackets.  For me, this collection was like Cavalli's invitation to his own private animal sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment